Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
Friday, the 12th
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
I was born on Friday, the 12th. 1980, if you must ask (cross my heart, I'm not lying!). It's not as spooky as Friday, the 13th - but it does have a different ring to it, doesn't it? Maybe you think it's the way I'm saying it ;-)

I've always had a special place for the number 12. And it's not just because it appears as my birth date and month. It somehow gives me the impression of being complete. There are 12 in a dozen, 12 months in a year, 12 signs in the zodiac..and there were 12 apostles. And, wonder of wonders, I was born on the 12th day of the 12th month!

And...Friday. It's like a magical word, isn't it? 'Thank God, it's Friday'. Nobody says 'Thank God, its Monday' - I personally would say 'O God, it's Monday'. Let's face it, it's a special day of the week. Not as special as Sunday though, but nevertheless...the week's gone..got 2 full days of fun ahead. It is a good day. And I was born on a Friday. And my mom stopped having fun ever since - well, that's beside the point anyway.

Where am I going with this Friday the 12th thing? Well..glad you asked. You'll know where I'm going in a minute - patience, my dear, is a virtue!

There have been a lot of times in my life when I have felt I'm a special person for God. (Wow, you believe I just said that??!!) All of us would have felt that at some point - agreed. It's just that I decided to put it on my blog. Ha! Now, what’s this got to do with my birth date? Well, get there! God chose a special day for His (or Her, c'mon, why shouldn't it be a Her? Coz Michelangelo painted it as an old man with white hair? Oh please!) special person. So..you kinda guessed it. This monologue is not about Friday or 12. It's about me. Me, me and more me.

I read this beautiful thing the other day, it went - 'It's not that God doesn't answer all our prayers. It's just that sometimes the answer is No'. I liked these words. It explained a lot of things to me. Like why I still don't own a Mercedes. Or the crown jewels for that matter. The answer was No. Makes sense, doesn't it? A lot of things in our life happen the way we want it to. A lot don't. We cannot change it - we can however change how we take it. Ok, I know what you're thinking - I spend time on reading her stupid blog, and now she's giving me advice? Well, mon ami, I'm not giving advice. I hate giving advice. I do it all the time. People do it all the time to me.

This blog is not completely about me. I'm not going to share my worst nightmare or my best dream on this blog. I'm not going to say how I met my husband. I'm not going to complain about the government or my boss (that's just coz he might read this). This is just my attempt to talk to the world and not have the world talk back (you wish, eh? you're gonna post comments, aren't ya?). Not about anything in particular, but about everything under the sun. And about the small and mundane things in the nooks and crannies that the sun doesn't quite reach at times.

Thanks for putting up with me so far. I really appreciate it. Let me know you visited - bouquets or brickbats - both welcome equally. I didn't mean it when I said I want to talk to world without having the world talk back. Would get boring for all of us, right?

Keep smiling. It's good for your health.

Labels: ,

posted by Priya Arun @ 1:48 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 01, 2007 10:11 PM, Blogger Chetan Rao said…

    Yes, but then there are 7 days in a week, 28/29/30/31 days in a month, 365 days in a year... So I suppose one might consider it special if one were born on any of those dates either. There isn't a 365th of a month, so that one doesn't count.

    On a slightly unrelated note... For somebody who has posts dating back so far, you sure make it hard for your readers to find your older posts... Add an archive widget to your sidebar, buddy!

    PS: Added you to my feed reader.

     
  • At March 02, 2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    Hey! I do have an Archive on the sidebar..only it stops appearing the moment one goes into the Archive :-( stupid template..I'm working on that, will get it set soon.

    So you have this habit too of reading one's first post? ;-)

    P.S: Thanks! :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com