Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
Back to base
Monday, December 19, 2005
I came home yesterday after 3 months in the US of A. Had a good time, but missed home terribly, so glad to be back!

The flight from San Francisco to Hyderabad takes around 22 hours - excluding the 18 (!!!) hour stopover at Singapore. Yes, poor me! But I did it and I don't intend to do it again for a long long time. Travelling by air is by far the most boring way to travel - the seats are uncomfortable, and you get to see nothing but clouds out the window (if you don't count the wing of the aircraft that hides the little view of the lands below)! I haven't travelled by sea yet (I won't in this life), so I don't know how good or bad that is..

Coming back to what I was saying - the journey as such was ok, I mean, what can you expect out of it anyway? Unless your plane was hijacked by armed terrorists and you (yes you, not the police or army) somehow saved the day, there's nothing much to look forward to. The food was exceptionally bad (which is surprising 'coz Singapore Airlines generally serves not-so-bad food) and the in-flight movies were no big deal - except 1 (Madagascar), the remaining 59 (yes, 59) were no great-shakes.

BTW, 'Madagascar' is a must-watch movie folks! It's amazing! It's an animated film about 4 animals from a New York zoo which escape and reach Madagascar. It was a very very cute movie - there's a zebra (voice by Chris Rock), a lion (Ben Stiller), a hippo and a hypochondriac giraffe (David Schwimmer - the same whiny Ross of FRIENDS) and their adventures in reaching Madagascar. Man it was cool! the fun part was 3 penguins that actually dig their way to Antarctica from NY! Way to go cartoons!! And the song in the movie was great too - I felt like getting up and dancing, which, knowing me, was somethin! ('I like to move it' @ http://www.muchmusic.net/madagascar_soundtrack_mp3_download_1004). I'm going to ask my husband to get me the DVD - which he will after laughing himself silly that I'm 24 and still watch cartoons. But you know what? I don't care - I still watch and will still watch cartoons - they are any day better than these heros and heroines we see in regular flicks.

As much as I would love to continue now, I'm feeling really really sleepy, still on Pacific Std time...so let me get over my jet-lag and then continue boring you.

Not too sleepy for a joke though -

A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. The pastor said, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!"
My friend said, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor."
Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?"
He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."

Buona notte amici!
posted by Priya Arun @ 12:31 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com