Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
'Lal'olsavam
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Alert: If you don't watch Malayalam movies or if you don't like Mohanlal, well..sorry you have to leave so soon without readin' my post, Bye!

Has anyone seen the movie 'Chandrolsavam'? This is the one where Mohanlal comes in this real cool look (above) and is oh so cute!! I loved the movie, but you should know - I love all his movies. After Rajnikanth, I'm a huge fan of Mohanlal (my husband learnt this the hard way - made him watch 'Narasimham' almost 5 times!). I like him for the same reasons I like the Superstar - style, punch dialogues, bigger-than-thou portrayal of the characters..Man, I love movies like 'Praja' and my all-time favorite, 'Narasimham'. I've watched it every time it was telecast on any Malayalam channel - close to 8 or 9 times. To the extent, I know some of the dialogues too! :-)

I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said I learnt Malayalam watching Mohanlal's movies. There's just so much in it for a fan like me who doesn't care a rat's ass about story or logic or all those things which 'smart' people look for in movies. I want movies where the hero always wins, the heroine or the hero's mom doesn't die on us, the villian is always punished in the end..add 2 or 3 good songs in between and a fight scene at the end where there is lotsa style - you got me hooked! I have enough tragedies in my own life and I do not want to see the same on screen, that's ok right? I'm not paying 150 bucks for a movie that makes me wanna cry - I mean, how lame is that?! You pay, you watch the movie and you cry. Why do people want to do that! You should have guessed by now - I do not like movies like 'Dil Se' where the hero is killed along with the heroine! What the heck was that all about!! Why spin the story around 2 people who were anyway going to get killed?

And talking about 'Chandrolsavam', been listening to this song all morning! In Chitra's magical voice (Chandrolsavam)-

Ponmulam thandu moolum…paatil njan kettu ninte…
Hari raaga geetathin…aalapanam…
Pooveyil kodi neeyum…ponnil njan kandu ninte…
Malar meni charthunna…peetambaram…

Ulpoya janmathin…yamunaa tadam thedi…
Thaniye thuzhanjee poy…manthoni njan…
Kadali nilavinte…kalabham thodichente…
Nerukil thalodilee...ninneera njan…
Abhayam…neeye…
Abhayam neeye….aananda chinmayane…

Vanamulla kortheela…naru venna kandeela…
Pakaram tharan onnum….karutiyilla…
Idanenjil neerunna…murivarnna eerappon
Kuzhalayi nilpu nin…priya raadha njan…
Sharanam…neeye…
Sharanam neeye…ghana shyama sundarane.

BTW, any mistakes in the lyrics, don't blame me. I corrected it as much as I could, the rest is what I got off the internet.

Why this post now? Usual answer - Jus' like that! :-) In the mood for Mohanlal movies - Ravana Prabhu..Praja..Ustad..Narasimham (3 cheers for this one please).. Thandavam..Natturajavu... Balettan.. and hey, can't forget Kilukkam ;-) that's one of his older movies, but fun nevertheless.

So..blog vayichchu kazhinjo? Appo ivide okke thanne kaanuvallo alle? ;-)

Engi vitto mone dinesha!
posted by Priya Arun @ 2:38 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com