Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
A recipe for cold
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Alert: Please ignore this entry - this is purely for my 'saving-someplace-handy' purposes. I'm tired of saving notepad files and then forgetting where I saved them. I'm also tired of sending it as email to myself (how pathetic!) and then forgetting to which folder I moved it. I'm even more tired of taking printouts and losing it in the Mt.Everest-y pile of paper (read: crap) that I have on my desk.

This is a recipe that my mom gave me when hubbie had a severe bout of the oh-so-common cold. I'm going to try this out over the weekend, so till then I need the recipe to be available 'somewhere'!

So here goes...

Ingredients:
To fry and powder finely
Dried chilli - 3
Black pepper - 1 tbsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp (Tamil - ulutham paruppu, Telugu - Uddi pappu, Mallu - no idea!)

Curry leaves - a handful (Tamil - karivepilai, Telugu - karivepaaku, Mallu - Karivepila)
Salt - to taste
Tamarind - a small ball (Tamil - puli, Telugu - chinthapandu, Mallu - puli)

Tadka
Mustard (kadugu, aavalu, kadugu)
Turmeric (manjal thool, pasupu podi, manjal)
Asafoetida (perungaayam, inguva, no idea)

How to?
Powder the items-to-be-powdered. To this add the curry leaves, salt, tamarind and a bit of water - grind this to a smooth paste.

Take oil in a kadai, add mustard, turmeric and asafoetida. Add the ground paste to this and cook on low flame till the oil seperates and comes to the top. (Something like your 'pulikaichal' consistency - that paste thing you add for tamarind rice)

Done!

To be had with rice. If you're like me, you can have it with idli, dosa..anything!

I don't know how this will taste (I can guess it will be 'kaaram' looking at the first 2 ingredients). I can try it out and let you all know on Monday. Till then..you can try it at your own risk :-)

Labels:

posted by Priya Arun @ 10:13 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com