Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
La Belle Dame Sans Merci
Friday, November 11, 2005
I saw pale kings, and princes too,
Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
Who cry'd--"La belle Dame sans merci
Hath thee in thrall!"

That was my first taste of John Keats. In 6th grade, I took part in a poetry recitation contest and this was what our team chose to recite. It was about a knight who had lost his 'fair maiden'. I was too young to know about poetic license or iambic pentameter, but I thoroughly enjoyed reciting it. I fell in love with poems. Keats, Blake (Tiger Tiger burning bright), Wordsworth (who can forget Daffodils), Ogden Nash (my favourite - This is going to hurt just a little bit - I hate going to the dentist too!), Coleridge (Rime of the Ancient Mariner - 'water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink' fame)..I read them all! Only one regret though - I couldn't memorize every line I ever read - tough, I know..sob sob.

It's just amazing how some people (poets) can see normal things and make it poetry. I've tried my hand at it - the less said about it the better folks! Disaster is an understatement. You have to be Keats to write about an urn - honestly, when I see an urn, I just see something that can hold water! I know I know I'm terrible!!!!! It's hopeless I tell you. Poets are born, not made - atleast that's what I tell myself to feel better about my failure.

Believe it or not, I also tried doing limericks. Here goes my first one ever, I wrote it when I was in my 10th grade - (no comments on this please, I know what you're going to say, so save it!)

After their dreamy marriage
They set off in a carriage
To the moon
For a honeymoon
But returned due to alien barrage.

There. Laugh. It's ok, I can completely understand. But you know what? I atleast had the guts to put it on my blog. So I'm not that bad after all.

I'll end this with my favorite lines (don't worry, not mine. ) -

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

By the way, the knight does not find his fair maiden till the end - she was afterall 'La belle dame sans merci'.

Labels: , ,

posted by Priya Arun @ 4:59 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com