Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
Sambhar Snippets
Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'll let you guys in on a small secret - my most profound thoughts come to me when I'm standing in front of my stove, waiting for the oil to heat up before I add the mustard for the sambhar's tadka. Believe it or not, the biggest test for your patience occurs at that time - the oil has to be hot so the mustard pops and gives an aroma, but it shouldn't be too hot that it burns the mustard (then you end up with bitter seeds all over your sambhar). For someone who starts making dinner at 9:00 PM, those 2 odd minutes in front of the stove, waiting for the oil to heat up, feels like an eternity ('coz you're hungry enough to eat wood, but then since you're not a woodpecker, doesn't help at all. BTW, I know a woodpecker doesn't 'eat' wood, it just pecks at it. Jus' go with my flow, will ya, and stop analysing!). And that is when the mind wanders.

The wandering mind shalt return when the mustard is burnt. Yes, that's like a law. Lucky for me, it wasn't all that burnt (and no, you cannot go ask my husband if that is true). I got all the stuff from the fridge that needs to go into the sambhar and kept it all ready. And then...

Now, did you know that I've digressed from my original topic so much that the topic discussed on digression feels like the main topic? Go scroll back, read the first line and come back, I'll wait.

(Took you this long to read one line?) Right, what was that oh-so-profound thought, you ask? In those quiet moments of desperation, I realized that I first need to cook the dal before I make the tadka for the sambhar. **runs to hide before someone comes**

Thursday Tortures, this one. You're most welcome. :-)

Image Source: Yummy sambhar-vada isn't it? Me yet to have lunch ;-)

Labels: ,

posted by Priya Arun @ 1:14 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At March 17, 2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hilarious. Do tell me that this didn't really happen

     
  • At March 17, 2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    It didnt exactly happen, but one of these days, it just might. I mean, I did keep the rice for cooking and 5 minutes later realized I didnt keep the dal with it. So then kept the dal in it. And then 10 minutes later realized I didnt turn on the stove. *shrugs* all in a day's work! ;-)

     
  • At March 19, 2006 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really. You cook like a man. :)

     
  • At March 19, 2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    Whoa, like a man?! C'mon, gimme a break - it was just once (cross my heart!)! Those were really stressful times when my hubbie and I were coming home from work at crazy timings :-(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com