Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
Ouch my toe!
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
The title refers to my very emotional outburst when I stubbed my little toe [1] (which I think is not exactly so little anymore) on a sharp corner and spent the next 48 hours limping around like Capt. Long John Silver, minus the crutch and the parrot. It's amazing how a little toe can cause so much pain and anguish in my otherwise painless and anguishless life. The little bugger was swollen to two times it's normal size and wouldn't let me take a step without wincing when the pain shot up till my knee.

This is not the first time I stubbed my toe. No sire, it's not. If you know me well, you'd also know my tryst with resistentialism. To tweak my long-long-ago-so-long-ago limerick,

Once there was a girl who was accident-prone -
Whatever she did, it always ended with her groan.
She stubbed her toe today,
Like she does everyday
It's a pity resistentialism won't leave her alone!

Now for the conspiracy theory: When this happened before, my allegations were pointed at the Chair and the Bed. And I was this close to actually proving that the Bed did not like me one bit. I mean, let's face it - you stub you toe once, fine. Twice, fine. Thrice, well I have doubts. But the fourth time? And the fifth? I'm not blind, people! I can see things before I actually go bump into them and my policy in life has always been to never bump into the same thing twice. So the only other explanation to this painful incident is Mr.Bed [2]. The 6X6 wooden Goliath is taking on a poor hapless David aka me. Injustice, I tell you!

Just as I was on the verge of asking my husband to throw him out (and get me a new one, all at the risk of sounding highly insane and plain mental), I stub my toe on the door frame. The interesting thing here is that Ms.Door Frame is also made of wood, from a good teak lineage and has a really slim figure with a glossy polish - which Mr.Bed totally fancies. That cheating bag o' wood hasn't given a second thought to his wife, Mrs.Mattress and their Pillow kids. How awful, isn't it? And Ms.Frame is so smitten by this 6x6-monster-with-a-fancy-bedstead that she had absolutely no qualms in going against the Door family and turning against me, me who owns the very marble and concrete on which she stays attached! Where is this world coming to, I ask you!

So, what's gonna happen now? Nothing much. Mr.Bed and Ms.Frame are going to elope, leaving me sleeping on a weeping Mrs.Mattress, who's now orphaned with two little Pillows. If this isn't heart-rending, what is?!!!

There's just no point rambling here on my blog when I have this grave a situation on my hands at home. I've declared a state of emergency, and any Door related activities can happen only with my prior approval. Mr.Bed has been considerably warned against carrying on with his nefarious doings - hopefully he understands that being dismantled is a very ugly thing to go through indeed. Ms.Frame has been let off this one time with a strict warning that anything like this again would mean 100 times of shutting the Door really hard into Ms.Frame. Mrs.Mattress keeps thanking me profusely everytime I walk into the room (with unstubbed toes, mind you), and the Pillows have been so well behaved that I decided to let them lie around on the bed for a day without being stuck to one position.

I'm still watching out for any new developments on this saga. And how will I know if something's cookin'? Well, I still have some unstubbed toes left. And I still live with the same furniture.

[1] Contrary to popular belief, the title does not refer to a famous blogger's famous blog of the same name. I'm hoping he hasn't copyrighted the words, 'coz I really don't know what I would say when I stub my little toe!

[2] Note that it's Mr.Bed and not Mrs.Bed. I do not share Ekta Kapoor's ideas on how women do all the cheating, scheming and evil things, while men are their poor victims. I'm not exactly a feminist, but I do have my prejudices, whims and fancies. Sue me.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poll is still on, please feel free to goad me to new heights or lambast me to newer lows, as applicable. Since I'm the one who started it, who actually asked for it, apparently I don't have a right to complain. But don't take everything light, ok? As opposed to good people with good hearts, I don't take criticism in a nice way. I keep grudges and take revenge all the time. If you're mean to me, well, count your days for they are numbered!

(I'm hoping if I intimidate you enough, you'll all go ahead and vote saying you dont care what the blog looks like 'coz I write so amazingly well. Time will tell if my plan worked or backfired. Bless the two souls who actually voted for that option.)

And the following 'comments' from the not-so-blessed souls who clicked on 'Other'. As usual, sarcy comments in square braces by me -

  • fook gak gablonk pbffffffffff!!!! [most definitely a Calvin fan! Cmon, own up.]
  • I am not bothered by them, do you? [I asked you. You're asking me back?! Man!]
  • just wanted to put kalla vote :D [Long live you! thiruththave mudiyaadhu.]

Thanks much. I asked for it, yes.

Like I've said before, with friends like this who needs enemies!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Priya Arun @ 9:51 AM  
11 Comments:
  • At May 09, 2007 6:32 PM, Blogger Nithya said…

    Poor you :D
    I somehow go arnd shouting "Ouch my head" rather than "Ouch my toe"...I keep banging my head A LOT, against windowsills :|..I usually wake up in the morning and with a sleepy head, bang my head against the front door, whilst going out to pick the day's newspaper frm the passageway...When I am too frustrated or irritated, I make sure I slap my forehead with my hand :| Inflicting pain upon self, Silas (of TDVC fame) style :P

    Now THAT was a stupid comment :|

    And me knows who the Calvin fan is :P :P :P

     
  • At May 09, 2007 8:49 PM, Blogger Priya Iyer said…

    so sad....take care.....:-)

    i keep banging my head. so i know what u feel like.... i can understand....:-)fully sympathise....

     
  • At May 09, 2007 9:38 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    maybe the MR bed hired some thieving bed bugs too!!

     
  • At May 09, 2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    btw nithya has this weird habit of hitting herself on the forehead..im sure its audible even if ur 100 ft away

     
  • At May 10, 2007 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    U have to blame the door, for heeding the words of the bed.

    Good luck.. nice one though

    Neo---(Anon)

     
  • At May 10, 2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    Nith - Wow, banging head? no wonder why you are the way you are ;-) and you should stop slapping your forehead, N - its harmful, esp if you dont have matter inside the mind ;-)

    Priya - you too?! whats with you people going around banging your heads?! Im not so bad after all, its only toes for me! :-)

    Sharan - Yeah well, MR.Bed might have done that if it weren't for my good friend, MRS.Mattress :-) [P.S: romba sarcastic'nnu nenappo? tirupati'ke ladda? ;-)]

    Neo (Anon) - Yep, I do blame Ms.Door Frame, but since she's young and foolish, I've let her off with just a warning :-)

     
  • At May 10, 2007 8:49 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    yakka manichidungo!!

     
  • At May 11, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger Princess Stefania said…

    Nopes, I won't say it. It's taking all the self control I have, but I won't say it.
    Nopes ... *splutter* ... I ... *gasp* ... won't!
    Say what, you ask?
    The 'C' word, I answer.

    The map I used for my new post, comes from the same place as a certain person mentioned in yours.

    And you have been tagged. Details over at Pixie Dust.
    Cheers!
    ;)

     
  • At May 12, 2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    Sharan - :-) you sound like me bro.. only he goes 'yekkov' making it all the more horrible :-(

    Princess - Not the C word again!!! :-O and yeah, I saw the map.. and no, pirates don't recognize royalty, so you'll just have to pay up. So...pay up!!

     
  • At May 14, 2007 12:16 PM, Blogger Nithya said…

    Et Tu Brute ?? :P

    Cheeni Kum :D
    Lovely song rite, but nothing to beat the original !!
    Shreya's done justice aana

     
  • At May 15, 2007 11:44 AM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    :-) edho ennala mudinjadhu ;-)

    Yeah, cant beat the original, more so bcoz of SPB and the entire Mouna Ragam theme..but Shreya Goshal has sung well, I've always liked her renditions

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com