Thought Process

Little pulses of activity in the CPU of a Thoughtprocessor. Battery not included.

 
Message board

The Boss is here!!!

Superstar's super line: Pera ketta odane chumma adhurudhilla!

Releasing on June 15: Sivaji, The Boss

Calvin quote unquote
Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.
Listening to...
Cheeni Kum
If you think that sounds familiar, try listening to the Tamil song below!
Mouna Ragam
Reading...
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', by Douglas Adams
Writing...
Prose and Verse
Thought Process Tumblr
Counting...
Watching...
American Idol, Heroes, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Koffee with Karan, Grey's Anatomy
I feel like...
...books, coffee, beanbag - in short, feel like being lazy..er..lazier!
Discovering...
blogchaat - feast for thought
Losing it...
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Has it ever happened to you that unknown to yourself you end up humming the same song all day? Or a phrase pops up in your mind out of nowhere and just refuses to die down no matter how many things you try to think about? Or how a word which you probably last heard in your 8th grade suddenly comes up in your mind for no apparent reason?

Any idea at all what I'm talking about? No? Hmm. Can't blame one for trying though, can you? Anyway, if you did get what I'm trying to say, good for you. If you didn't, act like you did.

I've had all three things happen to me the last few days. I've been humming a Himmesh Reshammiya number that I absolutely detest, been repeating the same proverb over and over again in my head and I remembered the word 'Mangifera indica' after god-knows-how-long, god-knows-for-what.

I tried listening to a whole load of other songs to make my stupid mind forget the Reshammiya number - no use! It's like stuck with fevicol or something! I could've even enjoyed it if it had been an ARR number or at least Ilayaraja, but no! It had to be Reshammiya. Why, O, why?!

And the proverb I've been repeating: Janani janmabhoomishcha swargadapi gareeyasi. The last I heard this was in Sanskrit class in my 6th grade (or was it my mom telling me this as part of her usual gyan? Hmmm.) and I've been thinking about this for the last 2 days, I have no idea why. To give this proverb company, came all the other Sanskrit slokas I had ever learnt, including the Vishnu Sahasranamam!!! Know what else I remembered? The first Geetham I ever played on the veena, Shri Gananatham and then Ra ra venugopala, to end with a Keerthanam - Ninnukori (Mohanam)! Iyo! You would think I'll admit myself into an asylum at least now, wouldn't you? Nope, not there yet.

Mangifera indica is the scientific name for mango. When I remembered this, I remembered a whole lot of other things on how scientific names should be written and the enter science class chapter! And I cannot remember what I had today for breakfast! (Heh heh. Typical exaggeration by yours truly. I had dosa for breakfast today.)

On the way to work, on the FM channel, I heard the RJ say something about chemistry and chemical equations. One guy said H + O2 forms water, H2O. Another lady corrects him saying, no, its H2 + O2 that forms H2O. And you know what I did? I tried to balance the equation in my head! Yep, 2H2 + O2 = 2H2O! (To maintain public *cough* admiration for my intellectual capabilities, I refrain from mentioning how many iterations it took me to arrive at that balanced equation. My chemistry teacher would have died of shame.)

If you forgot what I was trying to say, well, you're not the only one. Join the club.

To quote Einstein, 'A thought that sometimes makes me hazy: am I - or the others - crazy?'

I can't wait to see how many of you leave a comment saying 'You!'. Thanks in advance.

Labels: ,

posted by Priya Arun @ 4:48 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At February 07, 2007 9:07 PM, Blogger Manoj said…

    Er.. I think you title must be - 'lost it'.
    .
    .
    .
    or am I the only one who didn't get the point? (I presume that you'd understand this line's just for the sake of your colleagues)

     
  • At February 08, 2007 6:22 AM, Blogger Me said…

    ...isn't that ra ra venu gopa bala? ...or thats how i remember singing it....

     
  • At February 08, 2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Shiva said…

    Gibberish a great means of expression!

     
  • At February 08, 2007 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmm...having a busy(!) mind..looking great in the pic..

     
  • At February 08, 2007 4:18 PM, Blogger Venki said…

    i wouldnt say you because i had this prob too, most of the times i hum d song i loathed.. then abt perry mason if u hav ne e versions feel free to send me :)

     
  • At February 08, 2007 4:18 PM, Blogger Venki said…

    prob i shld waited for the count down u hav put in ur page looks cool think i mite copy :)

     
  • At February 08, 2007 5:52 PM, Blogger Nithya said…

    You loathe Himesh ??? Ugh I hate him..

    "Janani janmabhoomishcha swargadapi gareeyasi"

    Hey i've heard this phrase somewhere !! Wat does it mean ???

    "Has it ever happened to you that unknown to yourself you end up humming the same song all day? Or a phrase pops up in your mind out of nowhere and just refuses to die down no matter how many things you try to think about? Or how a word which you probably last heard in your 8th grade suddenly comes up in your mind for no apparent reason?"

    YES YES AND MORE YES :P
    (erm..correction..Change 8th grade into 1,2,3,4.....12 grades :| )

     
  • At February 08, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    So I'm not the only crazy one!!!!

     
  • At February 09, 2007 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ninnukori - Varnam not keerthanai ;-)

    Take the veena and try playing it.

    You never know, you might also remember every chord of the varnam :-)

     
  • At February 09, 2007 10:54 AM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    Manoj - Very funny, dude. :-| BTW, I haven't yet lost it. I wouldnt be blogging if I did. :-)

    Me - It's Ra ra venugopala..we drag the 'go' and then join it with 'pala' ;-)

    Shiva - Did you just call my post gibberish? :-?

    Veerakumar - Welcome! and thanks for the compliment :-)

     
  • At February 09, 2007 10:57 AM, Blogger Priya Arun said…

    Venki - :-) good to know Im not the only one. As to Perry Mason, I dont have any soft copies yet, try esnips you might find something. Yeah, my counter rocks!! :-)

    Nithya - Hate is an understatement when it comes to HR :-( As to the proverb, means 'Mother and motherland are greater than heaven'. You know, you remind me of me! :-)

    Sharan - No sire, you're not! :-)

    Appu - Oh yaaaaa!!! I totally jumped the varnam and went straight to keerthanai! Don't tell veena maami ok? ;-) irukkara konjananja maanam also will kappal erify :-(

     
  • At February 10, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Shiva said…

    Priya,

    Don't underestimate Gibberish. It is a pure form of expression that is so spontaneous and lively. If you think gibnerish is bad, then I didn't call you post a gibberish :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Introducing...

Name: Priya Arun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Past Scribbles
Skeletons in my closet
Click Me!
Odds and Ends

Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

 Subscribe

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Thought Process Template by Isnaini Dot Com